Feature requests

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM

You can request new features or modifications / fixes to existing ones in this thread.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Cook book

I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement this feature. I was torn between using Database or XML files for storage (considering installation, backups, sharing, and other requirements).
The Database approach wins so far, as it has better searching abilities (ex. enter ingredients to find a recipe), and in the end you can always export to XML if needed.

I'd like to know if there are any established standards on the web for recipes exchange. It would be nice to be able to download a recipe from some site and import it to KitchenTouch without much fuss. I need to dig around a little.

Music Player

I'm not satisfied with the (internal and external) design of the Music Player. It needs to be completely redone. Though, I don't quite know what it should look like. Any ideas, pointers to good implementations?

Notes

My significant other keeps asking me to add Notes to the product. I keep resisting... :)
Firstly, I don't see much use for it in a touch-based GUI, since it requires lots of typing (which I was trying to avoid at all costs in the first place). KitchenTouch was designed to access information, not create it.
Secondly, it would make sense to keep those notes handy (i.e. synchronized with web/mobile). Therefore I think that integration of Google Notepad, Remember the Milk or some other service should do the trick.